Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust
Adams Park, Hillbottom Road, High Wycombe, HP12 4HJ
Starting May 6th 2021
Thursday-Friday 10:00- 14:30
Only 12 places Available
Sessions will take place at Adams Park.
Please note transport will be provided from High Wycombe to Adams Park should it be required.
It is anticipated this will be a face to face course but may be delivered online depending on local and national restrictions.
Forming part of the EFL Trust Training Ground programme of courses Changing Rooms looks to engage those furthest from the workplace, many of whom have physical disabilities or underlying mental health conditions.
Run in partnership with the EFL Trust, DWP and Wycombe Wanderers Sports and Education Trust and funded by Buckinghamshire Council. Changing Rooms is a 12-week course targeting those individuals that face substantial barriers to finding work.
WWSET utilises its Health and Education departments to deliver units that develop the mental and physical aspects of finding employment, ultimately improving mental health and physical wellbeing.
Employability is developed by teaching key skills such as team building, interpersonal skills, CV writing and money management. The health and wellbeing element of the programme combines 2 hours of physical health activity and 2-4 hours of mental health support.
Typical programme information: Taken from the EFL Trust website. The Changing Room programme will run for up to 12 weeks. During this time, participants will complete the following core elements:
Health and Well-being
* Complete a 12 week Health and Wellbeing programme
* Complete a locally devised mental health and physical activity programme for 2 – 4 hours per week
Core Employability Offer
* Complete a 21 hour money management programme of study. Those who wish can receive a qualification with Skills First Awards.
* Complete a Digital Skills for Employment course.
* Undertake an employability and interpersonal skills development programme covering team building, communication skills, behaviours and attitudes for work, CV writing and covering letters.
* Mentoring session / café conversations signposting participants to health and wellbeing services as well as other physical activity sessions taking place within the local area. Drop in sessions will be available to participants for 8 weeks after the formal conclusion of the programme
Eligibility Criteria: Participants must be…
* In receipt of Universal Credit or other legacy benefit
* Referred from job centre plus / DWP.
Changing Rooms allows for flexibility in order to meet the demands of the cohort.
For more information on the EFL Trust Training Ground programme please click here or email email@example.com
Alternatively please speak to your work coaches.
Due to current government and FA restrictions we are limited to 12 places.
**DUE TO THE CHANGES NEEDED TO BE MADE TO OUR ACTIVITIES AS A RESULT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THIS SESSION MUST BE BOOKED BY ONLINE BOOKING ONLY**
**PLEASE SEE THE WWSET Changing Rooms - Information Regarding Attendance DOCUMENT LOCATED ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BOOKING PAGE (UNDER RELATED DOCUMENTS)**