"It is not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." Batman
Celebrate the super hero inside yourself and take part in our fancy dress 5k.
With music and stalls on the day, the event is guaranteed to be fun for the whole family and a day to truly remember. So what are you waiting for? Register today and support our Children's Emergency Department.
There will also be a 1k MINI DASH for super heroes under 10 years of age.
Register before Friday 17th April 2020 and you will receive a discount of £2 per person
Your support will help us improve the environment for children in our emergency department
Recent years have seen a significant rise in children in a mental health crisis admitted to the emergency department. This has meant that vulnerable children are subject to potentially distressing sights and sounds at a time that is already upsetting enough. It is important to be able to offer a less clinical environment in which to treat patients.
We can create changes that will make such a big difference to a child's first, and lasting, impressions of their visit to our hospital.
Super Hero 5k Rules Please read carefully before registering for the event
- By entering participants agree to raise the sponsorship set out and to return this to the charity within three months of the event. Suggested sponsorship - Adults £40, Children £20 and Families £80
- All children under 16, whether participating in the main run or the mini dash, must have an adult present.
- By entering participants indemnify the organisers against liability for accidents, theft and/or damage to property and any third party claims.
- This event will not be timed. If you would like to time your run you must do so yourself.
- Personal accidents and third party insurance is not provided by the organisers. It is incumbent upon runners to provide their own insurance at their discretion.
- Marshals will be situated around the course and their instructions should be obeyed.
- Runners should be equipped for inclement weather.
- Any runner who retires from the run must inform the organisers.
- In the unlikely event of severe weather, the event will be postponed and held at a later date.
By registering, you agree to abide by the Super Hero 5k rules and will not hold the Dudley Group NHS Charity or any organisations involved in the event liable for any accident/injury or third party claim during or after the event. You also agree to raise the minimum amount of sponsorship set out by the charity and will strive to go above and beyond this.