This workshop will equip you with the skillset to become ‘board ready’ as a non-executive director (NED).
This training has been developed specifically for the sector and will look to identify how you can effectively apply principles of good governance to make sure you are fulfilling your responsibilities as a board member.
This course will cover:
• The role of a NED - understanding vs expectations;
• Corporate governance - an update and review of the governance landscape in the UK;
• A NED's duties and responsibilities and how you can apply principles of good governance to your board;
• The role of the chair;
• Director attributes - to make sure you have a balanced board;
• Key strategic tools - what NED's need and how to use them;
• Stakeholder relations and how to maintain good communications;
• Strategic risk management.
The training will benefit both newly appointed directors and aspiring directors, and will also provide a useful professional development opportunity for more experienced NED’s looking to refresh their knowledge.
Space is limited to 20 delegates so early booking is recommended. If you would like to find out about how to become a Sport and Recreation Alliance Member and save £300 on the cost of attending our Director Training please contact us.
Interested in upskilling a number of your Directors at once? If so we can arrange bespoke courses - to find out more contact our Governance Team.
For full details of the Sport and Recreation Alliance Event Terms and Conditions please click here.