This workshop is now full
The good news is we are running another Director Training again in February 2018. You can register you interest by emailing us and we will let you know when bookings for this workshop are open.
This workshop will equip you with the skillset to become ‘board ready’ as a Non-Executive Director (NED).
This training has been developed specifically for the sector by working with the Non Executive Directors' Association (NEDA) and will look to identify how you can effectively apply principles of good governance to make sure you are fulfilling your responsibilities as a board member. The training will benefit both newly appointed directors and aspiring directors, and will also provide a useful professional development opportunity for more experienced NED’s looking to refresh their knowledge.
This course will cover:
- The role of a NED - understanding vs expectations
- Corporate Governance - an update and review of the governance in the UK
- A NED's duties and responsibilities and how you can apply principle of good governance to your board
- The Chairman and how to build an effective board
- Director attributes - to ensure you have a balanced board
- Key strategic tools - what NED's need and how to use them
- Stakeholder relations and how to maintain communications
- Strategic risk management.
If you would like to find out about how to become a Sport and Recreation Alliance Member and save £300 on the cost of attending our Director Training please contact us.
Interested in upskilling a number of your Directors at once? If so we can arrange bespoke courses - to find out more contact our Governance Team
For full details of the Sport and Recreation Alliance Event Terms and Conditions please click here.