Do you need new volunteers at your organisation? Do you struggle to retain your volunteers? If so come along to our FREE workshop and learn how to recruit, retain and reward your volunteers.
The workshop is ideal for anyone who wants to find out more about volunteers in sport. It will give you the tools to enhance your volunteering offer through understanding their motivations and focusing on what you can do for them – not just what they can do for you. This simple change to your mindset is guaranteed to have a positive long-term impact on your volunteering programme.
The session will draw on the insights from the Join In Making Time research and we will share with you the GIVERS framework - which will help you to recruit, retain and reward volunteers by:
- Looking at practical steps set out in the GIVERS framework;
- Focusing on what motivates sports volunteers (and how this differs to volunteers in other sectors), by having a look at the behavioural science behind volunteering;
- Challenging the ‘myths’ of volunteering and how your club or organisation can combat the barriers that some volunteers may face;
- Discussing how you can use good governance practices to support your volunteer workforce;
- Hearing from volunteers about their experiences.
Join In puts volunteers into community sport through campaigns, on-the-ground work and by matching people to volunteering opportunities at clubs in their area. Find out more information at joininuk.org
Places to attend this workshop are limited to two per organisation. However, if you would be interested in hosting a workshop specifically for your organisation on recruiting and retaining volunteers then please contact us.
For full details of the Sport and Recreation Alliance Event Terms and Conditions please click here.