Dates: Monday 15th April, Tuesday 16th April, Wednesday 17th April and Thursday 18th April 2019
Times: 9am-5pm each day
Please note: The course fee does not include the assessment fee. When you are ready to be assessed, you will be required to pay for this separately. This fee will be £75 excluding assessor expenses.
This course applies to performance coaches and leads to an accredited qualification. It is aimed at those wishing to coach performance players in colleges, universities, regional squads and national league clubs and is applicable those who have a number of years experience of competitive sports and wish to graduate to higher levels of coaching and performance
To complete the Coaching Level 3 you must be coaching a team at International, regional, national league or BUCS competitions. You will be required to pass a theory and practical assessments which will be while you are coaching your team in both practice and match situations. In addition you will have to plan for a season and profile at least two of your players developing a plan for their improvement. You will be required to complete a portfolio of work with the help of the tutors and online learning portal. The course will be classroom, practical on-court, online learning and home study
Why take this qualification?
- Ideal for Level 2 coaches who are seeking to enhance their continual professional development
- Improve your knowledge of the game both technically and tactically
- Develop your ‘game’ coaching and organisation
- Develop your understanding and application of analyzing player performance
- Can lead to paid roles in as a head coach within a basketball club
The programme does require a level of experience and this is deemed as the following:
- at least 18 years of age
- hold a Level 2 or equivalent basketball Coaching Qualification
- have experience of coaching the same group of players at U16 national league level or above for at least two full sessions within the past 3 years
- be coaching and training the same team in regional/Club environment with regular training sessions and have competitive matched scheduled on a regular basis
- have experience of coaching a variety of players at more than one element of the player pathway and at a variety of age groups.
- be IT literate and be able to access the internet (support can be provided here if necessary
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- It is highly recommended that coaches have attended a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Basketball or equivalent
For further details about the course please download the info sheet which can be found in the Related Documents section.
You may find the following link
useful for advice on potential funding opportunities.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view our 2018/19 course booking form Terms and Conditions
Payment plans are available for this course. Please contact email@example.com for further information
PLEASE NOTE, we will only accept invoices from organisations. We will not accept invoices from individuals as a form of payment.