Date and time:
28th January 2018 (9.30am-12.30pm)
£60 Standard price
£50 Solent student price
What is an Activator?
The Hit the Pitch Activator is a new role, aimed at increasing the number of 16+ playing recreational baseball and softball on a regular basis. Sessions can run anywhere, and at any time to meet the participants needs. At the park, in leisure centres, at work, in universities and further education colleges, youth centres, community groups and existing baseball and softball clubs or leagues. Wherever there is suitable space, indoor or out, baseball and softball can be played. The Award aims to engage players of all abilities, keeping sessions fun and focusing on participation through challenges, mini games as well as skill development and playing baseball and softball. The Activator may have a coaching background but the role is to facilitate activity not ‘coach’.
Benefits of the Activator course?
- Become licenced to be paid to deliver baseball/softball sessions to beginners
- Learn 10 simple rules for softball and how to teach them to new players
- Learn the Rules of Playing Catch - the most efficient and exciting way to teach beginners how to throw a ball like a baseball/softball player
- Find out how you can get involved with 'Hit the Pitch' - BSUK'S new participation programme and how you can make money from introducing baseball/softball to beginners
Who is the Activator Award suitable for?
- Upskilling a volunteer, current player or coach to become an Activator and facilitate Hit the Pitch sessions
- The Activator role can enhance what a club already offers to recruit new recreational members through providing a more affordable Award course to upskill workforce and offer a structure for recreational sessions that hasn’t been available through BaseballSoftballUK before.
- The Activator may have a coaching background but the role is to facilitate activity, not ‘coach’.
- The Activator role offers a taster into what leading a baseball or softball session may involve. Activators may choose to then take the next step on the coaching pathway to undertake a Level 1 Baseball/Softball Assistant Coach course.
- Learners need to be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Be passionate about increasing participation and retaining the number of people playing recreations baseball and softball
- Knowledge of baseball and/or softball is desirable
For information regarding Funding please click here.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view our full terms and conditions
You cannot register for this event with us, you must contact Kevin Warrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can apply for the course on the link provided below: