Dates and Times:
Day 1: 17th December 2017 (9am-5pm)
Day 2: 13th January 2017 (9am-5pm)
Attendance on all specified days are required to achieve the qualification.
Please note you are also required to complete tasks both practical and written away from the course.
*BDA membership is included within the course fee and you will complete the necessary documents to become a member on course. However you do need to take passport size photo with you on Day 1 of the course for your membership card.
The course takes 2 days to complete including completion of a portfolio and an assessment. You will be required to complete tasks away from the course.
This qualification will enable you to work with beginner bowlers as an assistant to a higher qualified coach and / or if you are over 18 years of age, you can independently deliver the 4 ‘Play Bowls for Fun’ Sessions as provided by the Bowls Development Alliance.
All pre-course information will be sent to you via email about a week before the course starts.
The topics covered on the course are:
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the Level 1 Bowls Coaching Assistant and the role of a Participation Programme Facilitator
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable adults
- Health, Safety, Accidents and emergencies
- Effective Communication. Coaching and Learning
- Planning and Evaluation Bowls Coaching sessions
- Coaching a Beginner
- Warm ups
- Working with the Jack
- Working with the bowl
- Introducing Basic shots
- Cool downs
- Be able to communicate effectively in English ( this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Must be at least 15 years of age, 16 on certification
Bowls England Coaching Bursary Available:
For information regarding Bowls England funding please visit https://www.bowlsengland.com/for-bowlers/coaching-bursary
English Indoor Bowling Association Bursary available:
For information regarding EIBA funding please visit: http://www.eiba.co.uk/Guidance/bursary.pdf
EIBA Application form can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.eiba.co.uk/downloads/bursary-application-form.docx
If you are applying for a bursary, you will need to pay the full fee to Sport Structures and your bursary will be reimbursed directly to you on successful completion of the qualification.
Please note: This qualification needs to be completed within 1 year of the start date of the course.
- Please be aware that we need to achieve a minimum requirement of learners to be able to confirm the course is going ahead.
- We aim to communicate a cancellation with learners 7-14 days in advance of the course date.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view our full terms and conditions