Dates and Times:
Day 1: 14th May 2018 (9:00am-5:00pm)
Day 2: 11th June 2018 (9:00am-5:00pm)
Attendance on all specified days are required to achieve the qualification.
Please note you are also required to complete tasks both practical and written away from the course.
*BDA membership is included within the course fee and you will complete the necessary documents to become a member on course. However you do need to take passport size photo with you on Day 1 of the course for your membership card.
The course takes 2 days to complete including completion of a portfolio and an assessment. Learners are expected to complete 2 coaching sessions between day 1 and 2.
This qualification will enable you to work with beginner bowlers as an assistant to a higher qualified coach and / or if you are over 18 years of age, you can independently deliver the 4 ‘Play Bowls for Fun’ Sessions as provided by the Bowls Development Alliance.
All pre-course information will be sent to you via email about a week before the course starts.
The topics covered on the course are:
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the Level 1 Bowls Coaching Assistant and the role of a Participation Programme Facilitator
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable adults
- Health, Safety, Accidents and emergencies
- Effective Communication. Coaching and Learning
- Planning and Evaluation Bowls Coaching sessions
- Coaching a Beginner
- Warm ups
- Working with the Jack
- Working with the bowl
- Introducing Basic shots
- Cool downs
- Be able to communicate effectively in English ( this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Must be at least 15 years of age, 16 on certification
Bowls England Coaching Bursary Available:
For information regarding Bowls England funding please visit https://www.bowlsengland.com/for-bowlers/coaching-bursary
English Indoor Bowling Association Bursary available:
For information regarding EIBA funding please visit: http://www.eiba.co.uk/Guidance/coaching-bursary.pdf
EIBA Application form can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.eiba.co.uk/downloads/coaching-bursary-application-form.doc
If you are applying for a bursary, you will need to pay the full fee to Sport Structures and your bursary will be reimbursed directly to you on successful completion of the qualification.
Download the UK Coaching Funding guide for information regarding funding opportunities for coaching in the UK.
Please note: This qualification needs to be completed within 1 year of the start date of the course.
- Please be aware that we need to achieve a minimum requirement of learners to be able to confirm the course is going ahead.
- We aim to communicate a cancellation with learners 7-14 days in advance of the course date.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view our 2018 course booking form Terms and Conditions