This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
You Will Be Able To:
•identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
•explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
•recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
•take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
You will receive a workshop resource upon attendance to the workshop.
This workshop is a ‘Minimum Standards for Active Coaches’ requirement for many governing bodies of sport*. The ''Minimum Standards for Active Coaches’ are seen as the basic standards every coach needs to meet to carry out their role safely and effectively
5 reasons why you should attend a sports coach UK workshop:
1. Exchange ideas and learn from other coaches in different sports
2. Practical, hands-on learning to develop your coaching
3. Learn from subject specialists who will help you fulfil your potential as a coach
4. Pick up vital new knowledge that will improve your athlete/team’s performance
5. Come away with an excellent resource –book or DVD – for future reference*
To book on this course complete the booking form below.
For more information on bursaries - click here
Please be aware that we need to achieve a minimum requirement of learners to be able to confirm the course is going ahead.
We aim to communicate a cancellation with learners 7-14 days in advance of the course date.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view our full terms and conditions