'The Level 2 qualification is the minimum operating standard for coaching Korfball independently. This qualification is essential for club coaches to develop their technical and tactical skills as well as their approach to coaching the game.'
9am - 5pm all days
EK Members - £250
Non-EK Members - £280
For information regarding Funding please click here
Why take this qualification?
• Enables coaches to coach independently and take responsibility for coaching a team
• Opportunity to gain paid or voluntary work coaching Korfball in various environments
• Coaches will be recognised as gaining the first ever Korfball coaching ‘qualification’ recognised on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
• Understand how to independently create, deliver and evaluate a series of Korfball coaching sessions to groups of adults / young people
• Coaches will be able to develop their understanding of individual skills, attacking skills, defensive responses and game play tactics
• Improve your knowledge of coaching processes, nutrition, hydration and skill development.
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to coach Korfball sessions to groups of adults and/or young people in an appropriate environment. The qualification is designed for aspiring Korfball coaches who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of how to effectively coach individual and game play skills as well as coaching linked and progressive sessions.
For further course information, please click here to download a qualification information sheet.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
• be at least 18 years of age
• have successfully completed one of the following courses:
o BKA Level 1 Award
o IKF Level 1 Award
o England Korfball Teaching Children Korfball course
o England Korfball Level 1 Award
• be able to communicate effectively in English
It is strongly recommended that learners have a minimum of 12 months experience in coaching.
Learners will need to have access to an environment where they can deliver a series Korfball coaching sessions during their time on the course in order to fully complete the assessment requirements of the qualification.
Terms and Conditions
- If you cancel within 7 days or fail to attend the course without good reason (at the sole discretion of Sport Structures), the full fee will apply.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the qualification then 50% of cost will be returned to you
- Once payment and the application form is returned, confirmation of course details will be sent 7 days prior to the course.
- If Sport Structures cancels the course, you will automatically be booked onto the next available course date.
- We advise that accommodation / train tickets should not be booked until a course confirmation letter is received or a Sport Structures member of staff confirms that the course is definitely going ahead as we will not refund expenses incurred
- In the event of a tutor not being able to tutor a course at short notice due to an emergency, we will contact you to inform you and re-organise the course.
- Should you wish to transfer onto an alternative course within 7 days of the course start date, a £20 administration fee will apply
- The information provided by the applicant will be stored on the Sport Structures CIC Database and held in accordance with the Data Protecting Act 1998.