Dates and Times:
Day 1: 22th April 2017 (9am-5pm)
Day 2: 27th May 2017 (9am-5pm)
Attendance on all specified days are required to achieve the qualification.
Please note you are also required to complete tasks both practical and written away from the course.
*BDA membership is included within the course fee and you will complete the necessary documents to become a member on course. However you do need to take passport size photo with you on Day 1 of the course for your membership card.
The course takes 2 days to complete including completion of a portfolio and an assessment. You will be required to complete tasks away from the course.
This qualification will enable you to work with beginner bowlers as an assistant to a higher qualified coach and / or if you are over 18 years of age, you can independently deliver the 4 ‘Play Bowls for Fun’ Sessions as provided by the Bowls Development Alliance.
All pre-course information will be sent to you via email about a week before the course starts.
The topics covered on the course are:
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the Level 1 Bowls Coaching Assistant and the role of a Participation Programme Facilitator
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable adults
- Health, Safety, Accidents and emergencies
- Effective Communication. Coaching and Learning
- Planning and Evaluation Bowls Coaching sessions
- Coaching a Beginner
- Warm ups
- Working with the Jack
- Working with the bowl
- Introducing Basic shots
- Cool downs
- Be able to communicate effectively in English ( this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Must be at least 15 years of age, 16 on certification
Bowls England Coaching Bursary Available:
For information regarding Bowls England funding please visit https://www.bowlsengland.com/for-bowlers/coaching-bursary
English Indoor Bowling Association Bursary available:
For information regarding EIBA funding please visit: http://www.eiba.co.uk/Guidance/coaching-bursary.pdf
EIBA Application form can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.eiba.co.uk/downloads/coaching-bursary-application-form.doc
If you are applying for a bursary, you will need to pay the full fee to Sport Structures and your bursary will be reimbursed directly to you on successful completion of the qualification.
Please note: This qualification needs to be completed within 1 year of the start date of the course.
- Please be aware that we need to achieve a minimum requirement of learners to be able to confirm the course is going ahead.
- We aim to communicate a cancellation with learners 7-14 days in advance of the course date.
Terms and Conditions
- If you cancel within 7 days or fail to attend the course without good reason (at the sole discretion of Sport Structures), the full fee will apply.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the qualification then 50% of cost will be returned to you
- Once payment and the application form is returned, confirmation of course details will be sent 7 days prior to the course.
- If Sport Structures cancels the course, you will automatically be booked onto the next available course date.
- We advise that accommodation / train tickets should not be booked until a course confirmation letter is received or a Sport Structures member of staff confirms that the course is definitely going ahead as we will not refund expenses incurred
- In the event of a tutor not being able to tutor a course at short notice due to an emergency, we will contact you to inform you and re-organise the course.
- Should you wish to transfer onto an alternative course within 7 days of the course start date, a £20 administration fee will apply
- The information provided by the applicant will be stored on the Sport Structures CIC Database and held in accordance with the Data Protecting Act 1998.