The session will explore international foundation year programmes, and outline key considerations to help you make informed decisions when evaluating this type of award.
Information will come from multiple perspectives – as well as our Ecctis expert speakers, we will be joined by by NCUK, an international pathway provider.
The session will cover topics including:
- An overview of international foundation years – what are they?
- Information on benchmarking projects undertaken by Ecctis into various pathway courses
- Our assessment criteria for considering these awards, and how we compare them to the UK system
- Opportunities and challenges of foundation year programmes
- Key considerations for admissions
The style will be interactive, and we will examine real examples and documents throughout. The session will also include live Q & A with the presenters.
This webinar will be presented in partnership with NCUK.
This event will help:
This course is recommended for university and college staff involved with entry to undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and professional credential evaluators, in the UK or internationally. The course will also be useful to people from professional bodies, nationality and immigration solicitors, recruiters, work permit and visa agencies, and careers/guidance/refugee advisers.
The key objectives of the training are to:
- Understand the content and purpose of international foundation year programmes
- Examine a range of courses offered by different pathway providers
- Know the outcomes of Ecctis benchmarking studies into these courses, and the rationale behind the decisions
- Explore how these benchmarking decisions may relate to your institution’s admissions context
- Examine different aspects of evaluating international foundation programmes, with insight from a pathway provider
Delegates will receive a copy of all materials used. Delegates completing the course will also receive a certificate of completion.
Book on this course
Please complete the following online form and you will receive an email confirming your registration. We will provide the webinar link with participation instructions to delegates closer to the event time.
Alternatively, you can purchase the recording that will be available 7 days after the live. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.