Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course Pre-requisites to certification:
Prior to certification for the qualification, learners are required to be at least 18 years of age
FAN: Learners also require a FAN, please see link to create yourself a FAN prior to registration- https://secure.thefa.com/fan/register.aspx (Your FAN will also needs to be activated, do this simply by logging in and back out of your account. If you are having trouble with this please use Google Chrome and disable pop ups).
Course aims and objectives:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium/ South Bristol Sports Centre
Course Dates: You must be able to attend all dates - do not book on if not
|Sat May 12th||Workshop 1 & 2|
|09:00-17:00 ||South Bristol Sports Centre|
|Mon May 14th||Workshop 3||18:00-21:30||South Bristol Sports Centre|
|Wed May 16th||Workshop 4||18:00-21:30||South Bristol Sports Centre|
|Mon May 21st||Workshops 5||18:00-21:30||South Bristol Sports Centre|
|Wed May 23rd||Workshop 6||18:00-21:30||South Bristol Sports Centre|
|Wed May 30th||Safeguarding||18:00-20:00||Ashton Gate Stadium|
|Mon Jun 4th||Emergency Aid||18:00-21:00||Ashton Gate Stadium|
|Wed Jun 6th||Workshop 7||18:00-21:30||South Bristol Sports Centre|
* The course is subject to minimum numbers to run
* Refunds only available if we receive at least 14 days’ notice prior to the course start date of cancellation
* No course transfers available once course has started